Friday, June 7, 2013

What do you want from life?

I don't know about you, but what we want is a simple, free and uncluttered life. To that end, on Friday June 7, 2013, we're retiring from our jobs, and on Thursday June 13, 2013, we're moving into a motorhome, affectionately called The HOW, for House On Wheels.

Our first stop is a seasonal RV site we rent on the Kishwaukee River near Rockford IL. Since the site is paid for until October, we'll stay there as we get used to living life in a really small house with a REALLY BIG YARD. Being a stones throw from the launch on the "Kish", affords us a million dollar view, and access to paddling, fishing, swimming and enjoying the wildlife on one of only two Class-A streams in Illinois.

   


4 comments:

  1. wishing you guys all the happiness on your new journey - grub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck, Paul and Penny. When I win the lottery, my dream is to get an RV, drive the West - taking pictures and making paintings. Go where I want, when I want.

    I envy you, some. Well done, you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, good luck to you two! I'm sure this is a dream that many have but will never realize or attempt to realize. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter if it works out the way you imagined it would, what matters is you were able to TRY! You won't have to wonder "what if". Good job! I commend you on your success already. I'll be following the blog.....

    ReplyDelete